For the workshops, please bring your Arduino starter kit. your kit shall include at least the following:
- Arduino board
- USB cable
- two push buttons
- a bread board
- a 10K ohm resistor
- a light sensor (LDR or Light Dependent Resistor)
- a few color leds
- a few jumper wires
- Download Arduino software;
- Extract the entire directory to C:\Programs (note, not “C:\Program Files”). if you are reinstalling Arduino software, remove the entire arduino directory first.
- Create a shortcut on your desktop to “Arduino.exe” for easy access.
- Install necessary Arduino drivers. Follow the instructions in page 23, Chapter 3 of Getting Started With Arduino
If you are installing Arduino on Windows 8, the link below explains shortly how to install drivers for arduino on Windows 8