Things to bring with you:
- Share the load of the equipment (projectors, kinects, philips hues, coffee etc). You will be contacted by Mathias. If not, please contact Mathias.
- Cardboard modeling tools in your check-in baggage.
- Arduinos + sensors + actuators (as many as possible) in your check-in baggage.
- Laptop. bring your power, wired network and display adapters. You do NOT need a power plug adapter — Chinese sockets can usually host EU and US plugs.
- Passport + flight ticket
- Foreigners in the Netherlands: your residence permit.
- By now you should have Jun Hu’s Chinese mobile number. if not, email him.
- Print out this address — this is where you should arrive, just in case you are lost:
- You shall arrive at the workshop on April 6 or earlier, leave from the workshop on April 19 or later.
- The workshop is a full time activity (at least 8 hours a day), except the weekend in between.
- Please do not try to negotiate about the arriving and leaving dates.
To apply for Chinese visa:
- You should have a passport that is valid for at least 6 month when applying the visa.
- You will be in need of an invitation letter (we will prepare it for you).
- You will be in need of a proof of commendation arrangement (we will prepare it for you.)
- You have to pay the visa fee by yourself.
- It can be cheaper if you buy the tickets as a group.
- It will be cheaper if you don’t take direct flights.
- Destination: Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
- Please keep the boarding passes (a digital copy or a photo copy would also be okay). We need them to reimburse half of your plan ticket. No boarding passes, no reimbursement.
- You need to file a travel permit at the Education before you leave for China.
- You can get an empty from from any secretary in the department.
- Travel purpose: TU/e DESIS Lab International Workshop IPoC in China
- Cost Center: 511000
- Project number: 10017773
- After you fill it out, first bring it to Jun Hu (HG3.39) for his signature, then Anne van de Ven (HG3.91).
- You might want to check with your doctor which vaccinations are needed. The destination area is south-east China, around Shanghai.
- It would be cheaper if you withdraw cash from an ATM in China. Mastro and Mastercard work on many ATMs in China.
- In Shanghai Pudong International Airport, before you enter the boarder, you can already find an ATM.