Before you leave for China, please check this list .
Things to bring with you:
- Passport + flight ticket
- Laptop. bring your power, wired network and display adapters. You do NOT need a power plug adapter — Chinese sockets can usually host EU and US plugs.
- Arduinos + sensors + actuators (as many as possible) in your check-in baggage.
- Cardboard modeling tools in your check-in baggage.
- Share the load of the equipment (projectors, kinects, philips hues, coffee etc). You will be contacted by Mathias. If not, please contact Mathias.
- Foreigners in the Netherlands: your residence permit.
- By now you should have Jun Hu’s Chinese mobile number. if not, email him.
- Print out this address — this is where you should arrive, just in case you are lost:
- Have’t print out the above address yet? print it now.
- Google Maps (and other Google services) do not work in China. If you need Google Maps to find your way, better do your homework in the Netherlands, print out the maps and routes, or save the screen copies for your reference.
- You shall arrive at the workshop on Nov 9 or earlier, leave from the workshop on Nov 22 or later.
- The workshop is a full time activity (at least 8 hours a day), except the weekend in between.
- Please do not try to negotiate about the arriving and leaving dates.
- Please keep the boarding passes (a digital copy or a photo copy would also be okay). We need them to reimburse half of your plan ticket. No boarding passes, no reimbursement.
Please keep the boarding passes (a digital copy or a photo copy would also be okay). We need them to reimburse half of your plan ticket. No boarding passes, no reimbursement.
- It is not a mistake that the above two items are repeated: Please keep the boarding passes
- You need to file a travel permit at the Education before you leave for China.
- You can get an empty from from any secretary in the department.
- Travel purpose: TU/e DESIS Lab International Workshop in China
- Cost Center: 510045
- Project number: 10018770
- Print out the travel permit, and get it signed by Jun Hu, or in Jun Hu’s absence, make a digital scan of the travel permit, send to Jun Hu for digital signature. Then print out the signed copy, bring it to the finance department.
- You might want to check with your doctor which vaccinations are needed. The destination area is south-east China, around Shanghai.
- It would be cheaper if you withdraw cash from an ATM in China. Mastro and Mastercard work on many ATMs in China.
- In Shanghai Pudong International Airport, before you enter the boarder, you can already find an ATM.